Friday, June 18, 2010

One Week until The Return of Mini-Con!!!

Today is Friday and that means we are just seven days away from our library's second mini-con, The Return of Mini-Con. Many of the artists have been in touch with me to let me know they are excited about the event. It would be great to have a non-stop crowd on both days, and we are now that much closer to finding out how it will all go- I'm hoping for this to be one of the biggest events our library system has ever had.
I have to tell you that Dave McDonald was great with the kids at his workshop last night! I didn't get to sit in on the whole thing, but I was amazed at some of the ideas and techniques he threw out to the kids. Several of them looked for me after the workshop to show me their creations and I was really excited to see them. Dave also dropped off his "Comics Workshop Cartooning Kit' as a prize for the Art Challenge at Union West. The boxed kit includes pencil, sharpener, dual-point marker, sketch pad, a very nice workbook that follows the instructional DVD, which is also in the box? How much would something like this cost? $60? $40? No! Dave said he has a limited number of kits available but he is selling them for just $20! If you are interested, go to Dave's link over on the right.
Pictures coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment