Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentines Day- Bwha ha ha haaaa

Happy Valentine's Day to all of you, also known as Singles Awareness Day, I Really Blew It Day, I'm Sorry But I Didn't Think It Was Such A Big Deal Day.
Really, the day has its beginnings with the early church in Rome where a church leader named Valentine (or Valentinus) was working to protect the persecuted church. He was arrested and jailed where he restored the jailer's daughter's sight, and may have left her a note before his execution that read "From your Valentine." Despite his best efforts to be Christ-like it didn't go with what the Romans wanted (you've heard when in Rome, do as the Romans do?). They couldn't persuade him to change his mind despite using some very "Tony Soprano" styled methods, so they killed him.
True story.
I thought a picture of Mola-Ram in The Temple of Doom would be a hilarious image for a Valentine's Day gone wrong, and I found this! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment